Celebrating 41 years in the gift industry: The Gib Carson Companies include Gib Carson Associates, Van Carson & Co., Ryan Marie, and Marquee Sales.
The mission at The Gib Carson Companies is to add value to our vendors through experience, strong customer relations, dedication and a commitment to providing the best service in the Gift, Fashion, Home and Garden industries. We take a “business consulting” approach to each customer, leveraging technology to enhance each relationship. Our philosophy for success is based on the critical relationships we have developed with key buyers in our territory. The Gib Carson team proudly manages over 14,000 personal relationships.
We believe the power in relationship selling is paramount to the success of our Field Account Managers who are tasked with growing and maintaining a personal, business consulting relationship with each account assigned to them.
The Gib Carson Companies represents one of the most seasoned Agencies in the industry. Founded in 1976 by Gib Carson Sr., the company has grown to over 45 sales personnel, 9 key account reps and an office staff of 6. Our ownership, senior management and field sales professionals carry years of experience, un-paralleled in the industry.
Headquartered in Midlothian, Virginia and led by our President, Gib Carson, Jr., our 45 member sales team has been selling and servicing the New England, New York, Mid-Atlantic, Ohio Valley and Southeastern gift, fashion, home and garden markets for 41 years.
Our Management Team:
Our Senior Management Team consists of the following individuals and years of experience in the industry:
- Gib Carson, Sr. - CEO - 42 years
- Gib Carson, Jr. - President - 27 years
- Dan O’Brien - Vice President of Sales, Mid-Atlantic/Ohio Valley & Van Carson & Company Northeast - 18 years
- Heather Schwall - Vice President of Sales Southeast & Atlanta Showroom Manager - 22 years
- Jason Carson - Marquee Sales/Regional Management - 5 years
The Gib Carson Companies takes a regional focus to the marketplace by dividing their total territory into 3 regional areas, each headed by a Vice President of Sales. We firmly believe that our regional focus is an advantage not to be overlooked! These areas are broken down as follows:
- Northeast - The Northeast is managed by Dan O’Brien, V.P. of Sales and consists of the 6 New England States of Connecticut, Massachusetts, Rhode Island, Vermont, New Hampshire, Maine plus the State of New York.
- Mid-Atlantic - The Mid Atlantic is managed by Dan O'Brien, V.P. of Sales and consists of the Mid-Atlantic States of Virginia, Maryland, DC, Delaware, New Jersey, West Virginia, Pennsylvania and Ohio.
- Southeast - The Southeast is managed by Heather Schwall, V.P. of Sales and consists of the Southern States of North Carolina, South Carolina, Tennessee, Kentucky, Georgia, Florida, Alabama and Mississippi.
The Carson Companies maintains 20,000 square feet of showroom space in the Atlanta Gift Mart. We not only participate in the two large Gift Markets in January and July each year, but we are also open for business weekdays when there are no Markets going on. Heather Schwall, our V.P. of Sales in the Southeast is also our Atlanta Showroom Manager.
Additionally we participates in regional temporary trade shows including Columbus, Philadelphia, Myrtle Beach, Pigeon Forge, Market Square, New York and Ocean City gift shows.